The South Americans know that a defeat would see them likely knocked out and need to go for the win in their final group game
Poland is on the brink of qualifying for the knockout round for the first time since 1986, but Lionel Messi’s Argentina side stands in their way.
After a shocking defeat to the hands of Saudi Arabia in their first game, Argentina bounced back with a 2-0 victory against Mexico, keeping their World Cup dreams alive. Robert Lewandowski scored his first-ever World Cup goal against Saudi Arabia for Poland en route to their 2-0 victory against the Green Falcons, bumping them to first place in the group.
- Looking to wager on sports? Head to The Game Day for the latest sports betting odds.
Will Poland upset one of the tournament favorites? Will Argentina finish top of the group?
Let’s dive into current betting odds to uncover the best bets and props for this Group C showdown between Poland and Argentina.
Poland vs Argentina Current Odds
- 3-way handicap: Argentina (-210) | Draw (+310) | Poland (+600)
- Draw No Bet: Argentina (-650)|Poland (+400)
- Over/Under Goals: Over 2.5 (+100) | Under 2.5 (-145)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (+125) | No (-175)
Poland vs Argentina odds are current as of Monday, Nov.28, from BetMGM Sportsbook unless otherwise noted.
The South American side are considerable favorites in this contest at -210 to win the match. The oddsmakers are expecting a low-scoring game with the Under 2.5 total goals juiced to -145.
Poland vs Argentina Prediction
Poland 0-1 Argentina
First place in Group C is on the line when these two nations meet, a spot which Argentina did not expect to be in. With only three points at the moment, Argentina stand in second place in the group with no certainty of advancing. Poland remains undefeated at this World Cup with a draw against Mexico and a win against Saudi Arabia.
Poland will qualify for the round of 16 with just a draw from this contest, and will clinch first place with a win. Argentina can still advance with a draw, but will require either a draw or a Mexico win by less than four goals to go through.
Each team in Group C is still alive heading into this final group match.
Since the European team only require a draw to advance, they will have a defensive game plan, dropping at least six or seven players back to defend against the Argentine attack. I think this game play will be similar to the Argentina vs Mexico match, with Argentina dominating possession and Mexico struggling to create offensive opportunities.
Poland will rely on the counter-attack to find the back of the net in this contest, and with Lewandowski up, they are a legitimate threat to score anytime.
Poland vs Argentina Betting Tips
- This is the third meeting between the two sides at the World Cup. Both sides have won once, with the latest match in 1978 an Argentina 2-0 victory.
- The two nations have not played each other since 2011.
- Poland have not conceded a goal yet at this World Cup and Wojciech Szczęsny is a contender for the Golden Glove award with eight saves so far in the tournament.
Poland vs Argentina Best Bets
➕ Multiple Correct Score: 0:1, 0:2, 0:3 (+150) at BetMGM Sportsbook
WAGER: 1 Unit
Argentina will have to go for the win since they will not know the result of the Saudi Arabia vs Mexico match ( they will be playing at the same time). The Albicelestes will control the possession in this game, and a majority of this match will be played in the Polish half of the field. Back Messi and company to secure the top spot in the group with a low-scoring victory.
- Listed: All the World Cup MOTM awards & how they’re decided
- Rashford has arrived! Player of the Tournament Power Rankings
- Power Rankings: France & Portugal on the up ⬆️
- Sorry, Cristiano, Bruno is now Portugal’s best player
- Have your say on GOAL to enter our prize draw!
- Click to bet on this prop at BetMGM. Get up to $1,000 Risk-Free when you create a new player account or use promo code GOAL1000.